Sample Data Generator for vTiger CRM – VtDataGen
Datagen is a tool that vtiger developers are likely to be familiar with. , for a long time, developers have felt the need for realistic test data. Most get by by reusing production data, which in an in-house testing situation works well.
For developers with access to public domain or self-generated data sources) gggg, hhhh, asdasd, test, demo, demo123, email@example.com-Do all these sound familiar?
In my search for realistic data during my entire development experience, I have foundhttps://www.briandunning.com/sample-data/ as a good source for inexpensive data about persons.
I also stumbled upon http://www.generatedata.com, which is an excellent site for generating basic data.
For Vtiger CRM, to test functions over large data sets, and across modules, just people data into Leads, Contacts and Organisations was not enough. It is also necessary to have Invoices, Quotes, Sales Orders, Purchase Orders, Calendar and other necessary CRM module data.
This led to the necessity to develop a tool that would work within the CRM and generate accurate data from a basic set of data.
- Sample Data Generator generates realistic and Vtiger CRM compliant data with randomized and user specified values.
- this data gen currently available for vtiger6.2.
- Sample Data can be created for all important modules like
Users, Leads, Contacts, Organisations, Vendors, Potentials
Quotes, Sales Orders, Invoices, Purchase Orders
Projects / Tasks / Milestones
Tickets, Assets, Calendar
- Data gen have all modules filled with randomized real looking data which is derived from base data
- All developers can bring in more reliability in their development and data testing efforts.
- Developers can schedule data to be populated at fixed intervals or set it up as cron
- Extremely useful for generating real looking data for over a period of time or a fixed time interval
- Available for most of the significant standard modules